Peripheral Review is:
Lauren Lavery – Editor
Names to be posted soon
All general and submission inquiries please send to: email@example.com
With all submissions please format according to the submission guidelines. For general inquires please note your query in the subject line.
Please read the submission guidelines carefully as our requirements have changed. We strongly believe in supporting artists and writers and even though we are still working towards funding we are now offering successful submissions an honorarium for published pieces on our website and in print.
- Critical reviews of Vancouver and Toronto-area art exhibitions, performances (art, music, dance, theater) and events. Submissions must include title of the show, venue name and full names of artists.
- Feature Articles: Any long form essay or review longer than 5000 words. These will also be considered for print-only publication in our annual print editions. An honorarium will be given to successful submissions upon the publication of the print edition.
- Long Reviews: Any long form review of an exhibition or event that is over 1000 words. All published long reviews will also be published in the annual print issue. An honorarium will be given to successful submissions upon publication.
- Short Reviews: Any short form review of an exhibition or event that is under 1000 words. All published short reviews will also be published in the annual print issue. An honorarium will be given to successful submissions upon publication.
- All submissions should include an image of the exhibition, performance, or event for reference for the published piece, with photo credit, or access to professional documentation.
- Include your preferred social media handles, links to websites, short bio (150 words max), and if you have previously submitted the article anywhere else.
Spring Deadline: Friday March 30, 2018 by midnight EST.
DEADLINE EXTENDED: FRIDAY APRIL 13, 2018.
Autumn Deadline: Friday September 28, 2018 by midnight EST.
Winter Deadline: Friday December 14, 2018 by midnight EST.