Peripheral Review is:
Lauren Lavery – Editor
Angel Callander, Elora Crawford, Brennan Kelly, Mike Loncaric, Rebecca Munce, Kalina Nedelcheva, John Nyman, Erin Orsztynova, Cody Rooney, Emma Sharpe, Penelope Smart
All submission inquiries send to: email@example.com
With all submissions please format according to the submission guidelines. For general inquires please note your query in the subject line.
We offer successful submissions a fee for published pieces on our website and in print. We encourage submissions by writers and about artists who are considered emerging, under-represented, Indigenous, LGBTQ2+, from diverse cultural backgrounds or working in alternative practices and abilities.
- Critical reviews of Canadian art exhibitions (or exhibitions which include a majority of Canadian artists, or take place in Canadian art spaces), performances (art, music, dance, theatre) and events. Submissions must include title of the show, venue name and full names of artists.
- Feature Articles: Any long form essay or review longer than 3000 words. These will also be considered for print-only publication in our annual print editions. An honorarium will be given to successful submissions upon the publication of the print edition.
- Long Reviews: Any long form review of an exhibition or event that is over 1000 words. All published long reviews will also be published in the annual print issue. An honorarium will be given to successful submissions upon publication.
- Short Reviews: Any short form review of an exhibition or event that is under 1000 words. All published short reviews will also be published in the annual print issue. An honorarium will be given to successful submissions upon publication.
- Experimental Pieces: Any experimental style (poetry, etc.) that is in response to an artist or exhibition. There is no word count limit on experimental pieces.
- Include your preferred social media handles, links to websites, short bio (150 words max), and if you have previously submitted the article anywhere else.
- We are currently not accepting pitches outside of the seasonal submission deadline dates.
2021 Submission Deadlines:
Extended Winter 2020 / Spring Deadline: Tuesday April 20, 2020 by midnight PDT
Fall Deadline: Monday October 18, 2021 by midnight PDT.
Winter Deadline: Monday December 13, 2021 by midnight PST.
Special Call for Collaborators for Feature 2020/2021 Print Issue:
Can you fly
Swim to the bottom of the Ocean
Have you died
Morphed into someone else
Been an inanimate object
Do you know who your loved ones are
Are they just a feeling
Are you just a feeling
How do you make decisions
Are you lucid
Can you orgasm
Fall in love
Meet up, collectively
Turn into a ghost
Understand something completely
Get confused about something you thought you understood
Go somewhere you thought you would never go
Find something you thought you would never find
Cross paths with imposter cats
We are collecting stories about dreams during COVID-19 in the form of a series of short anonymous interviews.
Small honorariums provided.
Ella Dawn McGeough