Peripheral Review is:
Lauren Lavery – Editor
Angel Callander – Assistant Editor
Editorial Committee (current)
Angel Callander, Elora Crawford, Mike Loncaric, Rebecca Munce, Kalina Nedelcheva, John Nyman, Danica Pinteric, Erin Orsztynova, Cody Rooney, Emma Sharpe
Editorial Committee (past)
Brennan Kelly, Penelope Smart
All submission inquiries send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
With all submissions please format according to the submission guidelines. For general inquires please note your query in the subject line.
We offer successful submissions a fee for published pieces on our website and in print. We encourage submissions by writers and about artists who are considered emerging, under-represented, Indigenous, LGBTQ2S+, from diverse cultural backgrounds or working in alternative practices and abilities.
- Critical reviews of Canadian art exhibitions (or exhibitions which include a majority of Canadian artists, or take place in Canadian art spaces), performances (art, music, dance, theatre) and events. Submissions must include title of the show, venue name and full names of artists.
- Feature Articles: Any long form essay or review longer than 3000 words. These will also be considered for print-only publication in our annual print editions. An honorarium will be given to successful submissions upon the publication of the print edition.
- Long Reviews: Any long form review of an exhibition or event that is over 1000 words. All published long reviews will also be published in the annual print issue. An honorarium will be given to successful submissions upon publication.
- Short Reviews: Any short form review of an exhibition or event that is under 1000 words. All published short reviews will also be published in the annual print issue. An honorarium will be given to successful submissions upon publication.
- Experimental Pieces: Any experimental style (poetry, etc.) that is in response to an artist or exhibition. There is no word count limit on experimental pieces.
- Include your preferred social media handles, links to websites, short bio (150 words max), and if you have previously submitted the article anywhere else.
- We are currently not accepting pitches outside of the seasonal submission deadline dates.
2021 Submission Deadlines:
Extended Winter 2020 / Spring Deadline: Tuesday April 20, 2020 by midnight PDT
Fall Deadline: Monday November 15, 2021 by midnight PST.
Call for Editorial Committee Members: Monday October 18, 2021 by midnight PDT.
Winter Deadline: Monday December 13, 2021 by midnight PST.