Peripheral Review is:
Lauren Lavery – Editor
All submission inquiries send to: email@example.com
With all submissions please format according to the submission guidelines. For general inquires please note your query in the subject line.
Please read the submission guidelines carefully as our requirements have changed. We strongly believe in supporting artists and writers and even though we are still working towards funding, we offer successful submissions an honorarium for published pieces on our website and in print. We encourage submissions by writers and about artists who are considered emerging, under-represented, Indigenous, LGBTQ2+, from diverse cultural backgrounds or working in alternative practices and abilities.
- Critical reviews of Canadian art exhibitions (or exhibitions which include a majority of Canadian artists, or take place in Canadian art spaces), performances (art, music, dance, theatre) and events. Submissions must include title of the show, venue name and full names of artists.
- Feature Articles: Any long form essay or review longer than 5000 words. These will also be considered for print-only publication in our annual print editions. An honorarium will be given to successful submissions upon the publication of the print edition.
- Long Reviews: Any long form review of an exhibition or event that is over 1000 words. All published long reviews will also be published in the annual print issue. An honorarium will be given to successful submissions upon publication.
- Short Reviews: Any short form review of an exhibition or event that is under 1000 words. All published short reviews will also be published in the annual print issue. An honorarium will be given to successful submissions upon publication.
- All submissions should include images of the exhibition, performance, or event for reference for the published piece with photo credit, or access to professional documentation.
- Include your preferred social media handles, links to websites, short bio (150 words max), and if you have previously submitted the article anywhere else.
- We accept pitches on an ongoing basis for any kind of review.
2019 Submission Deadlines:
Spring Deadline: Monday March 25, 2019 by midnight EST.
Fall Deadline: Monday September 23, 2019 by midnight EST.
Winter Deadline: Monday December 16, 2019 by midnight EST.